Scope of work
▪ Costing of all products ie Fuels, lubricants & LPG, maintain the inventory module and reconcile physical stock against stocks balances in the system.
▪ Post and reconcile product supplier accounts
▪ Participate in stock-taking of lubricants and review stock takes from the retail team.
▪ Reconcile all intercompany accounts and product provisional accounts in the system.
▪ Assistance in the preparation of monthly or weekly financial reports
▪ Ensures that tax filings are done within the stipulated time frame including preparation of VAT, & Withholding VAT reconciliations.
▪ Handling of VAT Automated Assessment (VAA) inconsistencies and filing VAT amended returns within set deadlines
▪ Coordinate and respond to compliance queries – Investigating and resolving audit findings and issues of non-compliance.
▪ Will work under the supervision of the department head must follow the accounting or auditing process.
▪ The intern shall perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
▪ Must be a mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity that is able to work in a team and make meaningful contributions to the team objective.
▪ The interns must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis.
▪ Possess Excel spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level;
▪ Must be able to collect, evaluate and interpret data, in both statistical and narrative form
▪ Should be capable of preparing files and maintaining records and documentation
▪ Should have good written and oral communication skills
▪ Other skills required are related to problem-solving, entering and verifying data, knowledge of computers, various software applications and standard office equipment.
▪ Must be numerate, detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written;
▪ Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
▪ The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of a Finance Intern;
▪ Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
▪ Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision.
▪ Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the supervisor.
Education and Qualifications
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting option.
▪ Qualified CPA part II or equivalent in ACCA; Modalities of Work
▪ Experience in using Oracle will be an added advantage.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5.00pm and Saturday 8.00am to Midday
Duration: 6 months
Reporting: The interns will report to the Chief Accountant and will work closely with the Finance team
Those who meet the requirements can send their cvs to Pauline.email@example.com