Experience 5 Years
A newly established Japan – Kenya joint venture company with ambitious growth plans, a close-knit and talented team, and vast opportunities in the market is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who will be second-in-command to the CEO. With your experience and talents, you’ll play a key role in the design and implementation of operations and procedures, and lead the team to be efficient, productive, and effective. You will also be a senior point of contact for important clients in the market pipeline, and often the senior face of the company to complement the CEO.
Objectives of this Role
• Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy.
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
• Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the team in the full range of corporate functions – marketing, sales, finance, engineering, logistics etc.
• Ensure effective development of the company’s team and operational processes.
• Capably represent the company as a senior decisionmaker to the market and clients and provide strategic contributions to the development of sales pipelines.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
• Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO.
• Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting, and partner with the CEO on sales management.
• Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
• Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance or a similar field.
• At least five years’ experience managing at least one of the following areas in a fast-growing enterprise: human resources, finance, or operations.
• Proven track record of outstanding overall performance.
• Capable of providing leadership to diverse business functions – HR, Finance, sales, marketing, engineering.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
• A history of ethical leadership.
• Outstanding verbal and written skills.
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.