Experience 2 Years
The Sama Learning and Development team is looking to hire a trainer who is passionate, organized and enjoys working with young people. The trainer will be responsible for developing training manuals, plans and ensuring the content is uploaded onto the learning management system and carrying out actual training delivery. The ideal candidate will be a confident public speaker and a devoted educator who is up-to-date on the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee training and performance.
- Implement training for new projects right from selection of the trainees to certification
- Maintain and observe quality standards in content delivery
- Provide timely training feedback to Training Manager
- Ensure that training allowance budgets and final payouts are accurate, aligned with Samabox data and requests are sent on time.
- Liaise with the AMs, QA and TL of the projects which have new workflows
- In case of any need for refresher training as may be requested by the AMs, assess the areas of need and conduct the refresher training to address the problem.
- Conduct Induction training for all new employees.
- Source and compile training material whilst ensuring it is kept up to date
- Work under minimum supervision to conduct training at the Delivery Center to support SamaU course rollout and implementation
- Support learners during training and collect training data/course feedback for each cohort.
- Manage and keep track of learner progress and performance through the e-Learning platform.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Working knowledge in using processing tools such as photoshop and exposure to multimedia (image and video) creation tools.
- Experience with documentation, graphic design, or instructional design, preferred.
- Strong presentation, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical trainees.
- Professional curiosity with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver a well thought-out strategy and accurate product/presentation.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented with proven ability to work autonomously from concept to implementation
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Deep understanding of video and image annotation principles
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Computer Science with a focus on learning and development/ training or; 2 to 3 years experience in training within the BPO industry for technical assignments
- Certification in training/ or as a trainer
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili as a language of instruction.
- Knowledge and experience of computers and computer packages.
- A good understanding of e-Learning techniques. Participation in an online or blended program
- Experience teaching/training in underprivileged communities
Application deadline is May 08, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, pension scheme, annual leave, paid disability insurance, and professional development opportunities
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.