Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
In 2018, Aviro launched Ithaka, a multichannel (web, WhatsApp and app) point-of-care diagnostics support and linkage to
care platform that improves infectious disease outcomes for both patients and providers. We are initially supporting HIV
self-testing but with a view to expanding to other use cases. In the previous year we have (1) built a basic version of the tool
and tested it in studies with Johns Hopkins, Wits University and others; (2) signed high-profile health providers who are
piloting the tool this year; and (3) refined our business plan and proposition to have a strong income and scaling strategy.
We are scaling our platform and as such we are hiring for the role of a software engineer to join our growing engineering
team. The software engineer will contribute to the design, development and deployment support of our solution as well as
research on new fit for future technologies while actively implementing viable solutions.
Now Recruiting: Software Engineer
is an inclusive team of mobile health experts with diverse and extensive expertise in mobile health solutions. We complement empirical observation with the qualities of empathy, narrative and meaning to create
significance and change in the world of healthcare.
What we are looking for:
● An experienced and versatile engineer with minimum 2 years of experience developing on JS frameworks
– Vue, React, Angular or Typescript
● Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using and developing RESTful APIs using JSON,
Web Services, XML, XSLT in UNIX and Windows environments
● Strong problem solver with good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgement
● Exposure to cloud platforms e.g GCP, AWS or Azure
● Strong experience in relational databases such as BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL
● Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning for messaging automation a
● Customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with customers, with the
attitude of wanting to assist people and pass on their knowledge and experience to others.
Aviro Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, in any of our
activities or operations
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter with the Subject:
(please be REAL in your letter and tell us about you) to email@example.com