International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects people in poverty from violence. IJM partners with local authorities in 19 program offices in 11 countries to combat slavery, violence against women and children, and other forms of abuse against people who are poor. IJM works to rescue and restore victims, hold perpetrators accountable, and help strengthen public justice systems.
Inspired by God’s call to love all people and to seek justice for people under oppression, IJM works with local authorities to protect people in poverty from violence, without regard to religious background and beliefs or any other factor and seeks to work alongside all people of good will.
IJM is seeking passionate individuals to provide program support, administrative and logistical support to two departments. The Senior Programs Assistants will provide all program-related administrative duties and coordinate logistics for travels, meetings, training and other events under the respective departments. In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Programs, they will provide support in the monitoring of the implementation of the in-country work plans and budget monitoring/ tracking by conducting a monthly review of plans and monthly spend versus the plans and documenting the variance for discussions with the Senior Manager Programs. This position will also in close collaboration with The incumbents also work in close liaison with the Senior Manager Programs to ensure that organizational specific monthly unit program reports and the donor reports are prepared in time.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred;
• Working knowledge of program management;
• Working knowledge of budgets and financial management;
• Excellent written and verbal communication;
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel;
• Ability to multi-task and follow-up of tasks to completion;
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and work as part of a team.
Critical Qualities and Competencies:
• Excellent planning and execution skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Highly organized and attentive to details
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
• Persuasive and negotiation skills
• Exceptional high level of honesty and integrity
• Competitive salary, and benefits package.
• This is a full-time position based in Nairobi.
• Occasional travel locally may be required. Application Instructions:
Send your Resume, Cover Letter, and a statement of faith* in one document to email@example.com quoting the Position Title in the subject heading before 15th April 2021. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your faith and how you see it relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.