Experience 10 Year +
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Senior Manager – Credit and Savings within Financial Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Head of Department – M-PESA New Business Ventures, the role is a strategic business arm of M-PESA that will focus on developing digital financial services with the view of fostering a saving culture, empowering and improving the financial health of M-PESA customers while ensuring M-PESA remains the Strategic Partner of choice for financial services.
The role holder will be responsible for delivering word-class customer-centric credit and saving products and driving an accelerated growth agenda, from ideation to development to delivery of ongoing management of products, platforms and services. The role holder must quickly be viewed as a leader in the space; someone who can identify and deliver against future customer needs, someone who can work with and provide guidance to partners and act on guidance from them, someone who can lay out a roadmap for the future.
- Champion Financial empowerment through developing relevant credit and savings products to M-PESA customers and businesses.
- Be a true strategist, develop hypotheses, conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analyses, execute consumer research, develop and own strategic recommendations for the direction of portfolio.
- Be a leader and drive the long-term and short-term agenda for credit and saving products and platforms.
- Work to ideate, design, guide development, implementation and management of new features and capabilities for Credit, savings and credit platforms.
- Work very closely with big data teams to develop the various credit scorecards and product credit strategies for the various use cases and customer segments.
- Work closely with the Finance credit team on credit portfolio management for internal products.
- Engage in active discussion and debate about the right investment levels to drive revenues, how capabilities integrate and should be messaged, how service level targets and aspirations are being met and improved.
- Work in partnership with key strategic partners across all business pillars including Payments, Retail, Sector-based (e.g. Health and Agriculture) etc. to drive strategic partnerships around different business areas.
- Embrace new-to-world technology and disruptive business models to ensure Safaricom remains the Africa market leader in Digital Financial Services.
- To develop new Business Models around Financial services that will ensure that Safaricom keeps its strategic focus of financial inclusion.
- Work in partnership with Financial Services institutions including Banks, SACCOs, Insurance, Investments, MFIs, Pension Schemes, and Fund Managers
- Fiscal Market Disruption – Engage with relevant bodies towards participation in the new business regulatory environment.
- Key Project and Strategy execution/delivery in driving overall Financial Services objectives.
- To manage and cultivate strategic partnerships that are key to the development and growth of Financial Services and ensure that they provide benefit to Financial Services products and services.
- Ensure the company has an effective framework for creating and maintaining strategic business partner relationships.
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact
- Target, prospect, develop and strengthen partnerships with other organizations that enable to scale a financial services business
- Responsible for initiating, negotiating terms, and maintaining the comprehensive partnerships and contractual agreement process
- Ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that the company is providing the required support for them to do so.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from the other partnerships.
- Suggest and develop processes and services to improve operational efficiency between the partners
- Engage with key influencers and decision-makers across different teams to accomplish the partnership goals.
- Be an expert in customer trends, stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- Ensure continuous growth and development for members of the team, with the goal of ensuring that Safaricom is bringing the best and brightest talent and solutions to drive our business and add value to our customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- 12+ years of experience, including 8+ years of experience in, banking, product management, handling partnerships, business development and strategy formulation in a digital environment
- The ability to translate analytics, research, client/consumer needs into actionable plans and deliverables.
- Track record of innovation and development of new products and services
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and create project teams to assist in the execution and implementation of new products or services