The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper
print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services, as well as outdoor advertising.
The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters
of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include The Standard Newspaper, KTN,
KTN News, btv, Farmers T.V, Radio Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and
Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for a smart, creative and ambitious
individual to join the Audit team in the following capacity;
REPORTING TO HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the company is adhering to state regulations relevant to
the business. They will also review and enforce compliance with standards or the company’s internal guidelines.
• Ensures compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating
practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
• Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
• Completes audit work papers and memorandums by documenting audit tests and findings.
• Communicates audit progress and findings by preparing reports; providing information in meetings.
• Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
• Provides management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing management information.
• Enhances compliance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing
new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Business, Commerce and Professional either in ACCA, CPA, CIA and CISA.
• 3 years’ experience incomparable relevant position in a reputable organization
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
• Auditing, Quality Management, Surveys, Analyzing Information, Statistical Analysis & Reporting.
• Demonstrate a high degree of competence and capabilities in internal audit in a busy environment
• Proficient in computer applications; strong emphasis on data and working in a computerized environment.
• Hands On-Experience in ACL GRC (Audit Management & Analytics) will be a key advantage.
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.
standard media.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than
Monday,12th April 2021
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.