Experience 5 Years
- Company: The Coca-Cola Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
The Coca-Cola Company, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American multinational beverage corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
Key Purpose Statement
To deliver volume and revenue growth by effectively managing the Sales and Marketing team, implementation of business plans and delivering Customer Service Excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the sales force and ensure superior sales execution across the district
- Ensure profit and performance delivery of the district as per the plans.
- Ensure profit and loss ownership and accountability within each district.
- Monitor and review Sales and Marketing performance, and guide, support and coach sales team to address off-track performance, where required.
- Develop and embed sales force effectiveness and sales force automation capabilities, with support from CCBA ID Sales team.
- Roll-out and ensure effective use of customer segmentation and related tool kits.
- Ensure RED management – systems, tracking, contractor SLA management, and non-conformance management.
- Manage sales resource planning, merchandising management, REDMART POS storage, picking and delivery.
- Cold drink equipment ,determine functional requirements, population and location provided to Supply Chain for execution.
- Ensure the right sales force remuneration fixed and variable in collaboration with HR. • Ensure that the sales force effectively manage the 3rd party Distributors.
- Ensure action plans are put in place to close any significant performance gaps, with support from ID specialist teams. Leadership
- Management of the Sales Team.
- Build Capability and Manage Performance.
- Build and Motivate a high performing team.
- Execution of Sales and Marketing Business Plan.
- Execution of Sales and Marketing Finance Routines.
- Support and or lead engagements with local governments as defined by the CCBA Engagement Plan. Sales Execution Channel Development and Execution of Picture of Success.
- Promotional Programs and Activities.
- Asset care. • Demand Planning.
- Key Project Management and Implement initiatives per Sales Group. • Formulate and Manage Budget. • Drive execution standards across all channels.
- Ensure execution of Cooler Management.
- Ensure business plan by channel by outlet.
- Promotional Programs and Activities ,Implement National Calendar.
- Ensure that all promotions are implemented.
- Key Projects Management Identify Key Commercial Process Improvement Projects.
- Manage Project Execution.
- Demand Planning Provide input to the Demand Planning Process.
- Manage Implementation of Marketing plan.
- Manage the overall performance of the GT Sales Team covering the core functions of selling, merchandising, Account Development and it’s subsequent processes.
- Drive Sales Execution across all GT channels.
- To lead a team to build profitable growth by achieving the regional volume target, enhance RTM effectiveness, achieve excellence in execution with special focus on RED standards, manage distributors viably whilst having stringent controls on Accounts receivables and manage people to build a high performance team whilst adhering to company policies and sales standards.
- Executes quarterly or as per agreement business reviews by customer.
- Attends frequent trade visits to customer stores with relevant regional personnel.
- Understand pack margin and pack role per customer in order to optimize revenue growth.
- Utilize market research and analysis such as Nielsen, loyalty data etc to formulate programmes and feedback to customer.
- Customer Relationships. Supports the front line staff in building strong relationships with each customer by
- Identifying business growth opportunities – master of execution and brings a different perspective to identify opportunities sales staff may have missed.
- Develop, implement and or manage account specific programmes, promotions and packs as required and evaluation.
- Builds personal relationship with customer through various interactions such as charity sports days, customer conference participation, corporate golf days, host at local and international conferences and sporting occasions. • Sales and Marketing share growth.
- Manages and measures sales targets daily and takes corrective action.
- Allocates execution resources e.g. POS, coolers, promotional material etc. for maximum return.
- Identifies competitor activities and develops and implements response tactics.
- Promotions – ensures local and national promotions are implemented effectively
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Sales and Marketing or in any business related field.
- A track record of delivering results in a Sales role that focused on building capability.
- 5 Years relevant work experience with at least 3 in a managerial position within Sales and Marketing
- Product and Industry knowledge
- Competitor insights
- Strategic Thinker
- Analytical Skills
- Conflict handling ability
- Good Attention to detail ,Customer focused and Service orientation and Commercial, Industry awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good motivational skills
- An understanding of evolving business needs and how systems can be adapted to meet these needs and add value
- Good negotiation skills when dealing with customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good presentations skills , Strong administration capabilities Basic Business Acumen
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Revenue Management
- Coach and Lead Motivates and inspires subordinates to achieve results
- Hands-on coach in the trade building capability and helping identify opportunities
- Builds a vibrant, energized team through dynamic ‘rallying’ leadership style daily team meetings
- Developing great relationships
- Being an ambassador of our company and brands
- Execution Master coach to drive brilliant execution against standards
- Problem solving and conflict handling resolution