The job holder will evaluate and advise on recovery solution (s) to Non-Performing Debts, develop action plans and monitor their execution on a continuous basis to achieve maximum timely recoveries and or turnaround at minimal costs. The expected results are:
· To restore Non-Performing debts to performing.
· Recover Non-Performing debts to the fullest extent possible to achieve budgeted financial targets.
· Minimize recovery costs to the lowest possible levels.
Additionally, he/she will provide timely and accurate recovery reports to facilitate decision making and meet regulatory requirements.
· To maintain a high-quality loan portfolio.
· Daily monitoring and immediate follow-up of all accounts in the non-performing portfolio.
· Managing issuance of all required statutory notices prior to engaging in recovery action.
· Oversee disposal of recovered assets.
· Negotiating and restructuring facilities where such action increases chances of recovery of the debt.
· To advise and train the bank on good lending techniques that would reduce delinquencies.
· To advise and train the bank on early debt management and debts collection.
· Implementing exposure/recovery strategies and action plans for each non-performing debt.
· To increase the profitability of the bank through writebacks.
· Ensure compliance with credit policies and CBK prudential guidelines on non-performing debts.
· Reduce non-performing debts by at least 40% through aggressive recoveries and viable restructurings.
· Reduce the loan migration from performing to non-performing categories to fewer than 50 million of the total loan book per month.
Bachelors degree in a business-related field from a reputable and recognized university.
At least 5 years experience, three of which must be in a debt recoveries role in the banking industry.
Demonstrated knowledge in recovery processes.
Skills / Competence Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Credit Administration/Risk Management
2. Credit Products
3. Credit Analysis and Appraisal
4. Loans administration/account management
5. Credit Workout/Restructuring
6. Financial analysis/interpretation
7. Facility Structuring
- Strategic Focus/ Orientation
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)
Competitive remuneration package