- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- International Development Organization
- Full time, permanent position, located in Nairobi – Kenya
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, The Fred Hollows Foundation, is a leading international development organization working towards a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired.
There are 36 million people in the world who are blind, 4 out of 5 of them do not need to be. For as little as $25 The Fred Hollows Foundation can restore sight and transform a life. We focus on preventable and treatable eye conditions such as refractive error, cataract, trachoma and diabetic retinopathy. Our global programs span 25 countries and involves local training and providing affordable technology so doctors, nurses and health care workers can recognize, diagnose, refer and treat eye problems in their communities. We use research to improve our understanding of avoidable blindness, then use our findings to implement strategies and advocate for change.
The Fred Hollows Foundation has a very clear goal: to prevent blindness and restore sight. As our Founder, the late Professor Fred Hollows said, “I believe that the basic attribute of mankind is to look after each other.” To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org.
The People Partner of Africa, Middle East & UK is accountable for providing a high standard of strategic and operational advice and support for people managers and employees across Africa, Middle East & UK. This country network currently includes Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea, Rwanda, Pakistan, Dubai and United Kingdom although this will flex with the needs of the organisation.
- Engagement – Actively engaging with people managers and employees and openly communicating in all areas of employment related policies, processes, compliance and issue management by monitoring and managing employee related industry and legislative compliance and providing direction and support as required to effectively manage risk and ensure satisfactory resolution of people-related issues
- HR Generalist BAU – Collaboratively designing and delivering on action plans with each client group that are aligned with the overall People & Organisational Development (POD) strategy and work plans including the provision of support for the full employee lifecycle including workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, remuneration and benefits, health and safety, employee engagement, succession planning and information management.
- Compliance & Policies – Partnering collaboratively with Cluster Leads, Country Managers, Head of Development – UK & Europe and the Director of Global Programs Implementation to develop and implement people policies and practices appropriate to the local context (having regard to local labour laws, cultural norms, program needs) whilst maintaining global consistency across The Foundation.
- Projects – Leading POD projects as required. To do this you will be supported by a central People & Development team who will establish global policy and be able to support with some subject matter expertise in areas such as talent and capability.
You are a seasoned HR leader! Your best work is produced under the utmost pressure complimented by your attention to detail with reference to compliance and policy related activities. Your reputation for consulting and delivering ensures your key stakeholders are made to feel they are in the right hands. You take true pride in your organisational and time management skills. Finally, you are a people person at heart! Surviving 2020 you understand the complexities your peers have had to face and are compassionate to ensure they continue to work in a strong cultural environment. Through this your ability to flex and adapt in the face of constant changing priorities are all maintained through your confident presence and lighted with your sense of humour.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Significant experience in business partnering and leading and delivering HR initiatives in organisations with diverse requirements, preferably in complex, global organisations with matrix reporting requirements.
- Collaborating with diverse and complex senior stakeholders, developing relationships and providing advice, with a track record of delivering results.
- Understanding and implementing employment law across numerous jurisdictions in Africa, Middle East & UK.
- People Management/ leadership experience
- Previous experience in a regional role
SOMETHING EXTRA TO GET OUR ATTENTION
- Awareness of trends, issues, and how organisations operate in the international development and international non-government organisation sectors (including in the global, regional and local contexts)
- Previous experience working in a HR capacity within an NGO
- Understanding of SAP SuccessFactors
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, then we have a number of programs in place to support you.
- Doing meaningful work that will help shape the lives of those living in communities
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output not hours
- Generous Leave allowances, including time of for cultural significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development
Applications should be made via our website: https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at email@example.com. Applications sent to this email shall be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Sunday 13th of June 2021 AEST
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.