Position roles and responsibilities
- The person will be the key driver for the news content. They will be charged with the following roles and responsibilities;
- Generate news and feature stories for RMS TV stations and other platforms
- Devise and implement strategies to continuously grow news audience numbers
- Manage the daily running of the news desk
- Assign duties to reporters and correspondents
- Monitor news-based content
- Structure the day’s news outlook and chair planning/strategy meetings.
- Guide county correspondents on coverage and packaging of news items
- Edit news items from reporters and correspondents
- Generate feature stories coverage plan
- Ensure quality of news content
- Ensure news balance, factuality, accuracy and adherence to the company editorial policy
Academic qualifications, experience and other attributes
- University degree in Communication or another related field from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom (Print or Broadcasting) two of which must be in a senior position.
Skills and personal attributes
- Impeccable command of Dholuo, English and Kiswahili languages
- Strong writing and news editing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news and widely knowledgeable. Pays attention to detail
- Sound understanding of the local political and media landscape
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
- High degree of integrity
How To Apply
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Clearly cite Job REF No. HRD/NP/09/2021 as the email subject matter.
Closing date will be Friday 17th September 2021.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.