|Position||Network Implementation Engineer – Civil Works|
|Reporting to:||Manager Network Implementation|
Who We Are
Telkom is a technology company that provides integrated solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data/connectivity, digital financial services, as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale carrier-to-carrier traffic, within the country and the region.
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, designing, implementation and optimization of civil work designs for telecommunication sites and infrastructure. Work closely with NPI and other divisions to review design drawings, scope of works, ensure accuracy of drawings and conduct sound structural analysis for telecommunication infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and document standard civil engineering, construction and build practices aligned with industry standards, regulatory requirements and business objectives.
- Source and perform type acceptance evaluations as needed on products or systems for use in the network
- Act as a senior technical resource for department or cross functional activities
- Provide support and direction for staff engineers, contractors or consultants working on projects
- Participate as necessary in tendering, documentation and award of construction work for network build projects
- Manage civil, electrical and mechanical engineering activities for expansion or modification of existing network facilities
- Review/approve consultant/contractor design submissions for compliance to scope, applicable ISO standards, codes and project specifications
- Prepare Bill of Quantities for implementation
- Provide technical support during construction or operations activities at network locations
- Work with other departments and third parties to process third party collocate requests
- Assist engineering, real estate and project management teams as required in acquisition/construction of new network facilities or modification of existing ones.
- Requires knowledge and minimum 3 years’ experience in structural analysis and cellular antenna system designs for rooftops and tower installations both new and existing or overlay sites
- In depth knowledge and interpretation of design drawings and dealing with Architectural and Engineering firms
- Assist the collocation team dealing with civil engineering issues related to third party towers for both inbound and outbound collocation request
- Management of Service Level Agreements(SLA) for utility providers and service contractors
- Draw/amend/update Telkom network diagrams
- Participate in site surveys for design of Mobile network infrastructure.
- Perform Site built follow-ups including supervision and inspection of ongoing sites
- Maintain healthy relation with the partners for high team performance
|Academic background & Professional Knowledge:||Here Are The Skills & Competencies We Are Looking For:|
|· Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Telecommunication or Geospatial engineering.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience, 1 year preferably in Telecom industry
· Good Knowledge of engineering drawings interpretation
|· Project management experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
· Proficient in Google Earth/Map, AutoCAD, GIS
· 3 years’ experience in planning, engineering and new construction or expansion of telecommunications structures, buildings, systems and wireless networks
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using your Telkom email only by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 17th June 2021 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & if you don’t hear from us 2 weeks after role close consider your application unsuccessful
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.