Experience 10 Years +
DIRECTOR STRATEGY & INNOVATION, REF: TNH/HRD/DSI/05/21
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and preparation of the Hospital’s long term strategic plan including its implementation; drive the Hospital’s business development, marketing and CSR activities; as well as lead the technology transformation activities in line with the overall strategic objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and ensure implementation of leading practice strategies in business development, marketing, CSR and ICT in line with the overall strategic objectives;
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices in business development, marketing, CSR and ICT and make recommendations to the CEO and on how this impacts the organizational transformation;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate strategy and innovation strategic direction and objectives to all staff;
- Participate as member of senior management in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the Hospital’s performance to ensure that the corporate objectives and targets are achieved;
- Prepare the strategy and innovation divisional budget and work program and follow up its implementation upon approval;
- Develop and implement suitable business transformation strategies to respond to internal and external drivers;
- Challenge existing practices and identify new and better ways of working in order to accelerate the Hospital towards achieving its strategic outcomes;
- Ensure collaboration cross-functionally to identify, evaluate and analyse evolving strategic priorities, setting strategic objectives and goals, identifying instruments for their attainment as well as monitoring and evaluation of the chosen strategy;
- Develop and monitor the execution of the Hospital’s strategy, delivering innovative solutions to enhance the organisation’s capability;
- Ensure that the Hospital makes financially sound, executable and data-driven business strategies that improve the shareholders’ value;
- Continuously monitor and evaluates the Hospital’s long term, medium & short term strategic objectives and initiatives that enable the achievement of its overall strategic plan;
- Monitor and proactively analyse internal and external events that affect the Hospital on an ongoing basis so as to provide ideas and leadership for both short-term tactics and long-term positioning and vision;
- Ensure that the corporate strategy is well cascaded through annual corporate plans or targets of the Hospital to guide resource allocation and key decisions aimed at the achievement of results;
- Spearhead the Hospital’s innovation agenda to generate, select and implement value adding ideas to improve product development, business process improvement and automation.
- Oversee the development of new and innovative products and services based on patient behaviours analysed by use of data analytics and in consultation with the Director, Medical Services;
- Identify partnerships and collaboration opportunities to achieve identified business segments’ growth for realization of strategic growth objectives;
- Lead the development of robust business development and marketing agenda for the Hospital to ensure sustainable business growth;
- Oversee development of customer service strategies and practices to ensure excellent patient experience throughout the Hospital;
- Lead the development and implementation of the Hospital’s CSR Agenda;
- Oversee the development and implementation of a robust ICT transformation agenda to support the Hospital’s business needs;
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Prepare the strategy and innovation division’s income and expenditure budget and monitor its implementation upon approval;
- Build, lead and motivate a competent strategy and innovation management team that will in turn ensure that the division has the right people in the right places to sustainably support the delivery of strategy and innovation services at the Hospital; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing Management, Management or related discipline from a reputable university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Strategy, Marketing Management, Management or related discipline from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in a similar role in a large organization with 7 years at senior management level.
- Strategy management skills including planning, evaluating, implementing and monitoring
- Knowledge and experience in modern strategic management practices to initiate and implement tactical changes
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies across the organization
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create strategy and actions that impact business success
- Strong understanding of the health care sector including regulatory requirements affecting the sector
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Demonstrates high level of integrity
- Strategic leadership skills with ability to build strategic relationships
- Should have experience in change management and the ability to drive change in a team
- A strong entrepreneurial flair
- Proven business development or selling skills
- Ability to win deals and create a culture of vibrancy and success within the business unit
- Proven track record of building long-lasting business relationships
- Ability to think strategically alongside a passion to turn strategy into results
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 4th June 2021.