Career Level Manager
Experience 15 Years +
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board is responsible to the Board of Directors for the implementation of the Board’s strategic goals, prudent management of resources, giving direction and leadership in the achievement of the Board’s mission and strategic objectives. The Chief Executive Officer is also responsible for the day–to–day management and administration of the Board.
This role reports to the Board of Directors
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- At least Fifteen (15) years’ working experience, five (5) of which must have been in Senior Management;
- A Master’s Degree in either Law, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, or relevant field from a recognized institution;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Engineering, Economics, or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a professional body and member in good standing
- Leadership Course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position of the Chief Executive Officer will be on Three (3) year contract renewable once on satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
All applications accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates should be addressed to:
Board of Directors,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
P.O. Box 41621- 00100,
Due to the threat caused by COVID –19, the applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to
with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
WASREB is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.