Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Kijenzi is an engineering and manufacturing company based in Kisumu, Kenya looking to expand our outreach team with a Business Development Manager. Kijenzi uses 3D technology to create localized, distributed manufacturing throughout the East Africa Region. We digitize the supply chain to deliver critical, hard to get items so that institutions can get back to doing what they do best…helping people. We work alongside government organizations, NGOs, hospitals, and other businesses to manufacture the products they need to serve their customers.
Our ideal candidate for Business Development Manager will have significant field experience working in Enterprise Sales or Technical Sales in Kenya and a strong understanding of how organizations buy products in Kenya. Candidates will have strong communication skills to engage, build, and develop relationships with a broad range of clients including entrepreneurs, government officials, business leaders, and NGO staff. As a new company, we are seeking someone to help build our sales and marketing strategy through assessment of our current sales processes and implementation of a new strategic sales plan that expands our client base and ensures a lasting presence in the market. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating with external consultants and leading a young team. Initial primary location will be Kisumu.
- Implement strategic sales plan that expands our client base and ensures a lasting presence
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Assess current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement new processes as needed
- Set sales goals, analyze performance, produce sales reports, and adjust flow as needed
- Advise on marketing materials needed to complete sales goals
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Oversee and train sales/customer care team
- Present sales, revenue, and customer feedback reports as well as realistic and detailed forecasts to the management team
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing teams
- Proven ability to develop strategic sales plans
- Significant field experience in business-to-business sales
- Proven ability to collaborate with teammates to reach a common goal
- Experience in and understanding of Kenyan technical markets
- Experience leading a sales team
- 3D printing knowledge a plus
- Experience working with an international founding team is a plus
- Willingness to travel
Budget – KES 150,000 to KES 250,000.
We’re excited to speak with potential candidates who meet the above criteria. Please send your resume and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org